- Release Date: July 29, 2020
- Component Type: Third party extension. This extension is not a part of the TYPO3 default installation.
- Component: Kitodo.Presentation (dlf)
- Vulnerability Type: Cross-Site Scripting
- Affected Versions: 3.1.1 and below
- Severity: Medium
- Suggested CVSS v3.1: AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:C/C:L/I:L/A:N/E:F/RL:O/RC:C
- References: CVE-2020-16095
The extension fails to properly encode user input for output in HTML context. The extension also includes jQuery 3.4.1 which is known to be vulnerable against Cross Site Scripting.
An updated version 3.1.2 is available from the TYPO3 extension manager and at
Users of the extension are advised to update the extension as soon as possible.
Thanks to TYPO3 security team member Oliver Hader who discovered the issue and to Sebastian Meyer for providing an updated version of the extension.